- Please arrive for your appointment on time – we apologise in advance if we turn you away if you arrive early or are unable to accommodate the full time for your appointment if you are late! We are aiming to minimise the use of the waiting area, ideally being able to direct you straight to the consultation room on arrival. Our consultations will be scheduled to allow us to achieve this for all patients attending the clinic.
- Unfortunately, we will be unable to offer you refreshments or magazines to read in the clinic as part of extra hygiene measures.
- There will be alcohol gel for you to use on arrival and departure from the clinic, and after consultations; with other strict protocols in place as well.
- Payments will be taken preferentially by bank transfer although card payments are possible too.
- Some patients attending for treatments will need to undergo a COVID-19 test in advance of their treatment and may be asked to undertake a period of self-isolation. If either a COVID-19 test or self-isolation is needed in advance of your treatment, you will be informed of this and the arrangements needed.
- Finally, please mention if you are in an at-risk group when booking your appointment, so we can make special further provisions for your visit.
Please be assured that the clinic rooms will be thoroughly cleaned between each appointment as well as at the end of each day, and our staff will be wearing appropriate PPE as set out by Public Health England and other authoritative national and international bodies.
Furthermore, we already have installed in the clinic air flow ventilation systems that allow air changes in the clinic rooms, to ensure frequent air circulation with fresh outside air, minimising static air in the clinic rooms.
Please note, these measures will be subject to change, depending on the national and local situation and advice regarding COVID-19.
Full details of the safety measures and protocols in place are available from our office on request.